- Essential Information. Degree Level.
- Step 1: Obtain Basic Computer Skills. Before becoming a certified Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), individuals must obtain basic computer skills.
- Step 2: Enroll in Microsoft Office Courses.
- Step 3: Choose a Certification Program.
- Step 4: Take Certification Exams.
What does it mean to be MOS certified?
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is the premier credential chosen by individuals seeking to validate their skills and advance their careers. With three certification levels, the MOS credential allows individuals to validate their skills and progress toward their career goals.
How much does it cost to become Microsoft certified?
The Certify with Confidence package costs $230 USD, and includes one certification exam, plus two retakes. Your other option is the Certify with Confidence with Practice Test, which includes one certification exam, two retakes, and access to one official Microsoft practice test. This package costs $265 USD.
Do MOS certifications expire?
The “smaller” Microsoft Certifications like Microsoft Specialist (MS) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) do not expire. When the MCSE and MCSD certifications are no longer “Current” that doesn’t mean their expired, it’s just that these certifications are now labeled with the Year you earned them.
What are the benefits of MOS certification?
Microsoft Office Specialist Benefits
- Achieve industry-recognized certification.
- Learn the computing skills companies are looking for.
- Boost your workforce resume.
- Differentiate yourself from other applicants.
- Gain valuable experience and confidence.
- Heighten your earning potential.
- Prepare yourself for a successful future.