One of the most prominent examples is something like the Microsoft Office package, which includes individual applications such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
What are computer packages?
(1) A special method of distributing and installing software (or software upgrades) to a computer. For example, on a Macintosh computer, a package usually means “software.” In a Windows environment it is sometimes called an installation package or update package.
What are 5 software examples?
5 examples of software:
- Windows, MacOS, Linux – Operating Systems.
- Windows Media Player, iTunes, VLC media player – Playing rich media.
- LambdaTest, Salesforce, Slack – SaaS – Software as a Service.
- Avast, Kaspersky, Quickheal – Antivirus.
- Every game you play from Candy Crush to GTA is also a software.
What are some examples of computer applications?
Examples of Application Software
- Microsoft suite of products (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Internet browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- mobile pieces of software such as Pandora (for music appreciation), Skype (for real-time online communication), and Slack (for team collaboration)
What are the types of software with examples?
There are three types of software: System Software. Application Software. Utility Software (most of the people include this as a sub-category of application software)
Few examples of system software are:
- Operating system.
- Programming language translators.
- Communication software.
- Compiler and Interpreters.
- Command line shell.