Always present a positive, pro-active and caring approach.
Make the time to speak with students, teachers and parents.
Get to know and value them by developing authentic relationships.
Make sure you manage your health, well being and energy levels.
What qualities should a school leader have?
Five Traits of a Good Educational Leader
- Self-aware. A good educational leader needs a solid understanding of oneself and should also have confidence.
- Excellent communication skills. You can’t lead a group of people if you don’t speak with others!
- Lead by example.
- Power of teaching and learning.
What makes a successful school leader?
The opportunities that data present are many and the most effective leaders are able to leverage that data to make strategic decisions to benefit their students. Set high expectations for everyone, that includes teachers, students, staff and themselves.
What are the key characteristics of a great school?
Physical Safety. The physical environment must be safe, and welcoming, and must support learning. Social Relationships. The school must encourage positive communication and interaction among students, teachers, and the wider community.
How can I be a good school leader?
Part 2 Being a Good Role Model
- Try your best. Being a leader at school doesn’t always mean you have to have perfect grades.
- Be respectful to adults.
- Be on time and organized.
- Help others.
- Be trustworthy.
- Be fair to everyone.
- Stay positive.
- Don’t participate in bullying or gossip.